Here is a step by step walkthrough on how to add reference links to the wiki.
Method One - Wikia Code
- First we want to switch to "Source Editor." This allows us to use code. The image below shows you how to switch to the Source Editor.
- Next add the text below after the sentence you want to add the reference link for. Adjust the chapter numbers and chapter title to whatever chapter you want to reference.
- Here is one that you can copy and paste to make it easy:
<ref name="Chapter 272">[wuxiaworld.com/tdg-index/tdg-chapter-272 【TDG】Chapter 272 – Master Bei]</ref>
- If there is already a reference to that chapter on the page, there is also a short cut. You can type this below instead:
<ref name="Chapter 240"/>
Note: It is VERY important that you include that "/" slash, otherwise it messes with the formatting of everything below it until the next reference (because it includes it all in the reference until it finds a "</ref>")
Method Two - Visual Editor
Instead of using the wikia code, you can also add a reference with the "Visual Editor."
- In order to use the visual editor you place your cursor where you want to add the reference, then selecte "Reference" in the dropdown menu like shown below.
- Next you can check to see if there is already a reference to that chapter on that page, by selecting the "Use an existing Reference" button as shown below.
- If there is already one it should pop up just by typing in the chapter number. You can then select it and your done.
- If there is no reference already made, hit the "Go Back" button instead. Then Copy and paste the" 【TDG】 " (<- you can use this one in the future) and add the Chapter number and title in the format shown below.
Note: If you copy the title from the top of the chapter on wuxiaworld it will be in bold. Be sure to select the text and click the bold button to make sure the bold is removed.
- Next select the text and click the "Link" button as shown below.
- Now copy and paste the correct link address into the box and hit "Done." Then lastly, hit "Insert" and the reference is done.